An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Commercial Manager to join the commercial division of Kerfoot based at our head office in Northallerton, North Yorkshire. The successful candidate will be a creative thinker that is not afraid of challenging the norm. Networking and creating relationships will come naturally as will identifying and implementing company strategy.
If this sounds like you, please read on and apply.
• Preparation and management of divisional budget, forecasting & analysis of financial reports.
• Fully understand, interpret & act upon the divisional & group financial performance – prepare & deliver monthly performance reviews to the CEO & FD and wider Avril Group as required.
• Knowledge of purchasing raw materials within the UK & internationally, including liaising with & negotiating with suppliers and dealing with multi-currency purchasing.
• Attend Management meetings & contribute to company projects as well as reporting to the Board of Directors.
• Approve non-conformance queries for customers & suppliers post Customer Service team investigations.
• Initiate & manage cost reduction initiatives & streamlining/efficiency projects.
• Support the New Business Development Manager on UK and International business opportunities.
• Account management of major clients, quoting, stock allocation, order processing & face to face commercial pitches on customer visits.
• Oversee & participate in marketing activities, including exhibiting at or attending UK & International trade shows.
• Creating & updating product lists, designing commercial presentations, editing newsletters & writing blogs
• Research & develop new products & blends and identify new markets to proactively ensure growth of the division in conjunction with NBD Mgr. & Technical function
• Understand & follow the currency movements daily in order to accurately advise customers
• Comply with all relevant operational, audit & trading guidelines
• Responsible for identifying & delivering training and development needs within the goals set by the company
• Deliver identified projects/strategies through the team
Supporting Division Performance
• Understands & regularly review the sales strategy for the division, working closely with the Commercial Director
• Understand & make the team aware of credit risks in our customer portfolio
• Ensure & facilitate thorough communication with the production division to add maximum value to our customer service
• Work in a culture that encourages ethical conduct, open communication & commitment to compliance consistent with Kerfoot & The Avril Group values
• Support the investigation of all complaints, possible violations or irregularities, taking appropriate action and keeping all stakeholders informed
Skills & Experience Required
• Senior sales or sales management experience within a commercial environment
• Strong & proven track record of delivering commercial performance through sales
• Knowledge of manufacturing & distribution chain activities
• Understanding of the regulated environment & compliance needs
• Prior experience of the Personal Care/cosmetic industry
• Prior experience of FMCG, pharmaceutical or food production environments
• Ability to travel within the UK & Worldwide
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com