|Job Title||IT Support Analyst|
|Reports To||Systems Manager|
|Location||The Olive House, Northallerton, North Yorkshire|
• Support of systems located at Goole, Northallerton and other Kerfoot Sites as appropriate ensuring that the IT & electronic communication infrastructure is available to all employees, outside of pre-planned system downtime, by the effective hands on management of IT equipment including system maintenance, installation & component replacement.
• Support of business critical production systems and hardware, including scanners, printers and label software’s etc.
• Configuration and deployment of new and existing software, including ongoing maintenance of such software.
• Monitoring performance and troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and undertaking data network fault investigations in local area environments.
• Ensure system and equipment security is maintained by ensuring anti-virus and software update systems are up to date and operational. Compliance with Group Security policies and ensuring all hardware is secured to current standards.
• Provide server monitoring and maintain system availability and reliability.
• Troubleshoot systems hardware/ software problems, liaise with 3rd party hardware & software suppliers to ensure problem resolution within agreed SLA.
• Provide technical support to end users, information and assist in the delivery of system incident Root Cause Analysis reports in line with the group Service desk.
• Develop and maintain technical support processes, user manuals and other documentation as necessary to support service delivery.
• General administration of the group ERP system.
• Provide support to Systems projects as and when required in line with the business needs.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Previous proven experience in an IT Support role with broad exposure to a range of technologies, operating systems & environments.
• Excellent problem solving skills with fault finding experience & knowledge
• IT Degree, BTEC National Certificate/Diploma for IT Practitioners, Microsoft Certification or equivalent qualification/experience.
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows Desktop O/S based environments
• Experience with monitoring, antivirus, anti-spam & security systems.
• Active Directory general administration
ANY EXPERIENCE OF THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE A DISTINCT ADVANTAGE
• Experience with virtualization technologies (i.e. Hyper V, VMware)
• Knowledge of SQL/ TSQL
• Knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP (LAN/ WAN).
• Reporting Technologies i.e. Qlikview
• Support to key Business Systems
• Knowledge of Wireless Technologies