|Job Title||Master Data Controller|
|Job Function||To support the business by controlling master data across all business processes|
|Reports To||Systems Manager, transitioning to Technical Manager after 6-9 months|
|Location||New Potter Grange Road, Goole|
• Department managers, multiple cross functional team members and other key stakeholders as and when required.
• Third party suppliers and training providers.
• To support the business in further developing master data processes, systems and controls.
• This position will support all areas of the business by monitoring and analysing master data, key data, and master relationship data within the organisation including but not limited to:
o Ensures master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality
o Identifies areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error
detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies
o Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data
owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
o In collaboration with business functional experts, defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure
the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
o Provides assistance in resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process
control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with business functional experts.
o Manages, analyses, and resolves data initiative issues and manages revisions needed to best meet internal and customer
requirements while adhering to published data standards.
o Assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to
ensure functional master data integrity across the operational systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and
o Work closely with the business, Technical and IT teams to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the
application meet all requirements.
o Assists in the application and implementation procedure of data standards and guidelines on data ownership, coding structure and
data replication to ensure access to and integrity of data sets enabling the business to get access to useful and accurate
o Conducts data cleaning to rid the system of old, unused data, or duplicate data for better management and quicker access.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Ensure master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to the data quality. Identify areas for data quality improvements and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement.
• Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
• Good personal computer and business solutions software skills (Tropos experience desirable but not a must).
• Good communication skills to communicate with customers, team members, data providers, and management
• Strong skills in data administration
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Action oriented & able to deal with multiple priorities effectively
• Five or more years of experience in data management