The Planning & Logistics Supervisor is responsible for all activities performed by the team. Planning of inbound deliveries to KFG storage facilities/factories. Bulk, palletised and IBC deliveries of refined oils to customers along with Planning & Logistics for all KSO products. The ideal person will be highly analytical with experience of planning production activities, transport operational experience is also advantageous to ensure that plans are realistic and deliverable. The expectation is for this person to provide leadership for the Planning & Logistics team, a level of supervisory experience is therefore required.
Skills, experience & attributes
- Previous experience within fast moving operational planning.
- Experience within a multi drop logistics environment and utilisation of route planning & scheduling software packages would be advantageous.
- Highly analytical with a good knowledge of ERP systems and Microsoft Office software.
- Delivery and improvement of functional KPI’s.
- People & team supervisory experience desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across internal functions, customers and external providers.
- Experience in conflict resolution, extending to both internal & external stakeholders
- Ability to maintain control in a busy, fast paced working environment.
- Good at prioritising and able to delegate when required.
- Professional appearance, represents the business well at all times.
- Plan and schedule weekly/daily workload for three KFG operating divisions, ensuring all customer requirements and daily outputs are delivered in full.
- Utilise routing and scheduling software to optimise efficiency for the KFG fleet.
- Manage all activities associated with returnable transit packaging (IBC’s).
- Strategic planning to support S&OP process and forward planning to manage changes in business needs.
- Produce cost effective, service driven plans to agreed KPIs .
- Allocate optimum route to market, based on best cost to serve e.g. own fleet, haulier, parcel etc.
- Plan resources (drivers, vehicles and trailers) to effectively meet fluctuations in demand.
- Manage staff training requirements and arrange training course attendance.
- Compile and communicate daily, weekly & monthly performance reports.
- Inform/update colleagues and collaborate on issues and solutions.
- Supervisory responsibility for a team of 3 planners and 2 co-ordinators.
- Interface with:
- Logistics team to ensure optimum utilisation of resources while achieving required service levels.
- Commercial & Customer Services team to ensure all sales orders are planned effectively.
- Operations to ensure schedules are in line with demand and capacity.
- Commercial & Procurement team to ensure inbound raw materials are available to fulfil customer demand and in line with defined inventory levels.
- Daily dialog with Operations & Logistics to support co-ordination of onsite operations and delivery of the plan.
- Provide cover for the Head of Supply Chain when required.
- Motivate, coach and supervise team members to deliver optimum performance within a positive and exciting culture.
- Lead daily team briefs (Planning team) and SIM (short interval management).
- Co-ordinate & organise team members to effectively deliver daily tasks and activities.
- Supervise activities to ensure that each task is being performed correctly in a timely manner.
- Identify and communicate any training requirements / opportunities.
- Manage relationships and service levels with 3rd party logistics providers.
- Support team member performance reviews.
- Propose improvements to ensure continual efficiency improvement, waste reduction and service improvements.
- Encourage the performance of the team, strive for & drive improvement in all aspects.
- Support team members using CI/Lean tools.
- Responsible for maintaining & improving housekeeping/5-S standards.
- Review & develop SOPs to ensure all activities are adequately recorded.
- Gather and employ data to improve performance and eliminate faults/errors.
Q E H&S
- Ensure H&S is the #1 priority and safe practices are upheld by all.
- Investigate all Logistics Division Non-Conformances and manage investigations through to resolution.
- Identify, manage & report all H&S risks.
- Ensure that divisional requirements are met and customer standards are maintained in full.
- Gather, prepare and present information for internal and external audits within areas of responsibility.
- Perform internal audits and implement corrective actions.
Supporting Division Performance
- Understand & support the implementation of site & business strategies and development plans.
- Understand customer needs and the importance of associated service & quality levels.
- Work in partnership across functions (commercial, technical, quality, people, maintenance, CI etc).
- Develop and maintain a culture that encourages ethical conduct, open communication and commitment to compliance consistent with company values.
- Promptly communicate and assist in investigating all relevant complaints, possible violations or irregularities, taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Be a positive ambassador for the company and site in all situations.