Due to business growth, an exciting new opportunity has arisen within The Kerfoot Group for a Data Support Analyst to join our IT Division on a permanent basis, reporting directly to the Group IT Manager. Based at our Head Office in Northallerton (North Yorkshire), the role comprises data support and development to our internal business functions, with responsibilities across 3 other UK sites based in Goole, travelling to Goole as required.
The role is a data support role within a SQL Server environment with a capability to support the business across multiple systems and solutions.
- Development of business reports, primarily using MS SQL technology
- Data cleansing activities to support business efficiency improvement projects.
- Monitoring Application performance and troubleshooting application problems and outages, undertaking fault investigations.
- Troubleshoot systems software problems, liaise with 3rd party software suppliers to ensure problem resolution within agreed SLA.
- Provide technical support and information in line with the group service desk.
- Develop and maintain technical support processes, user manuals and other documentation as necessary to support service delivery.
- Assist with desktop support related incidents at the Northallerton site.
- Develop and maintain TSQL in support of business systems databases.
- Provide support to Business Systems projects
Skills & Experience Required
- Proven experience of working with SQL/ RDBMS preferably Microsoft SQL Server Databases
- Experience of business report writing preferably SSRS
- Strong analytical capability
- Confident Communicator
- Ability to adhere to good team development practices
- Proactive approach to continuous improvement and problem solving
Any experience of the following would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in supporting business critical systems E.g. ERP, CRM
- BI Reporting
- Experience of Data Warehousing
- A degree, HND, NVQ3+ or HNC qualification in an IT related discipline or a Microsoft qualification is desirable.