The role involves the filling and despatch of orders, ensuring that correct oils and materials are used and production schedules followed. H&S is our number 1 priority so all uniform and PPE is fully provided, along with all training to complete a wide range of jobs. Wages range from £9.00 – £10.50 dependant on role and experience.
|Job Title||Kerfoot Packed Oils (KPO) Production Operator|
|Job Function||The filling and despatch of orders, ensuring that correct oils and materials are used and production schedules followed.|
|Reports To||Shift Team Leader|
|Location||Refined Oils Factory’s, Goole|
Core Responsibilities – Operational Tasks
- Filling orders in accordance with production requirements to prescribed quantities.
- Adhere to all working procedures and practices including immediately reporting any equipment malfunctions, spillages etc.
- Set up/Reset and running of filling machines/stations as necessary.
- Set up and calibrate weighing scales as required
- Issuing Oils & Packaging from Stock Management system
- Loading & unloading vehicles inclusive of checking goods against delivery/collection notes & signing off as appropriate
- Cleaning multi-trip IBC to accepted company standards (James Street facility only)
- 20lts bottle filling machine operation including loading the empty packaging, correctly setting and operating the filler, applying bottle caps and manually stacking full bottles on to pallets. (New Potter Grange Road facility only)
- Completing all paperwork accurately including issuing labels, completing quality and weight checks.
- Factory cleaning (daily and weekly schedule)
- Maintain factory GMP & CAUG standards.
- Ensure quality standards and the QMS are maintained at all times by following technical/customer specifications and operational SOP’s.
- Comply with duties under Health & Safety legislation
- Other duties as directed by the Production Team Leader/Production Supervisor/Operations Manager
- Ensure H&S compliance is maintained at all times and is the No 1 priority.
- Immediate H&S risks must be escalated at once to your supervisor.
- Any unsafe practices are to be identified and reported utilising business H&S management systems.
- Ensure all operational and welfare facilities are respected and maintained.
- Proactively support all audit requirements and department improvements.
Skills & Experience
- Communication, open and honest, actively listen and seek understanding.
- Basic computer skills in order to be able to utilise in house order system.
- Problem solving skills
- Food Hygiene Level 2 (preferred but full training will be provided)
- FLT counterbalance license with two years operational experience. (Optional)
- Good level of numeracy
- H&S awareness qualified (Optional, full training will be provided
- Good standards of personal hygiene & cleanliness.