Responsible for the auditing, maintenance and continual development of technical standards at the manufacturing sites.
|Job Title||Quality Auditor|
|Job Function||Responsible for the auditing, maintenance and continual development of technical standards at the manufacturing sites|
|Reports To||Quality Assurance Manager|
- Supporting the Quality Assurance Manager with implementation of the QMS to enable the sites to meet customer and third party requirements e.g. BRC.
- Responsible for the practical implementation of the HACCP system within the production facilities
- Responsible for the management of procedures, work instructions and forms, including the writing and modification of documentation, that is used by the manufacturing teams to assist in the production of safe, legal and quality products
- Responsible for investigating & implementing corrective actions ensuring root cause reached
- Responsible for production based auditing including: issuing, tracking and closing out any resulting non-conformances e.g. H&H audits, fabrication & glass & hard plastic audits
- Support the dischargers as required with testing & discharging (refined oils) & any quality issues with product or vehicles on arrival
- Carry out discharging of vessels at Terminal, including testing and receipting the oil onto the ERP system
- Responsible for the management of the Pest Control contractor ensuring that any actions raised are highlighted as required with the operations team & that corrective actions are closed out & signed off
- Supporting the QAM/TM with audits e.g. document retrieval and traceability
- To be the first port of call for all operational based technical / quality issues
- Responsible for assisting with improving the operations process to improve the quality of product supplied to the customers
- Responsible for conducting & presenting forward & backward traceabilities during audits primarily for James Street & KVO but able to do the same for KSO as required
- To be the technical representative present at the SIM 2 meeting and report back any issues / ideas / improvements to the rest of the technical team
- Any other tasks as required by the Quality Assurance Manager
Skills & Experience Required
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of Quality Systems management either in a BRC or ISO9000 environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a mind-set that easily lends itself to continuous improvement techniques combined with a can do attitude.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate across all organisational functions and levels.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of understanding of Microsoft Office with particular focus on Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be able to successfully influence both cross functionally and vertically to ensure effective and timely resolution to any issues that may arise.