|Job Title||Category Manager|
|Job Function||Responsible for purchasing materials for the Kerfoot Speciality Oils Division (KSO)|
|Reports To||Procurement Manager|
|Location||The Olive House, Northallerton, North Yorkshire with some remote working|
You will be responsible for
- Running the day to day purchasing and stock control processes for the division.
- Spot and MRP Buying.
- Liaising with suppliers, agreeing commercial terms, lead times and volumes
- Anticipate and communicate any potential risks to supply and delivery
- Responsible for communicating major cost changes to commercial colleagues within the business unit
- Developing new and maintaining effective relationships with suppliers to KSO, regularly assessing all the market information provided to ensure an extensive portfolio of data.
- Building and developing of framework agreements within integrated supply chains.
- Focussed communication of useful market intel regarding category/suppliers/harvests/competitors etc
- Monitoring currency to optimise the timing of major container purchases.
- Sourcing new suppliers for a variety of speciality oils.
- Development and implementation of new products working closely with the technical team.
- Analyse and process purchasing data.
- Lead supplier negotiations.
- Conduct regular reviews with key suppliers.
- Supplier management against OTD/OTIF, development corrective action and improvement plans.
- Support Purchasing Manager in continuous improvement activity.
- Align supplier portfolio to business commercial strategy.
- Budget/Saving management.
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong understanding of international supply chains and regulatory environments.
- Demonstrable influencing and negotiating skills.
- Experience in working with FMCG or similar MRP driven environments.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to develop relationships internally and externally.
- High attention to detail.
- A proactive and forward-thinking individual who can identify opportunities to positively influence supplier relationships and performance.
- Excellent networking, interpersonal & relationship building skills.
Skills & Experience Desirable
- CIPS qualified
- Purchasing experience within a FMCG environment or similar.
- Control and development of a supplier portfolio.
- Demonstrable background in negotiation and supplier agreements.
- Knowledge of speciality oils sourcing avenues.
- Understanding of the regulated environment & compliance needs.