Job Function: Responsible for day-to-day management of the commercial division, with 5 direct reports. Senior account management, setting & exceeding commercial targets & maximising profits.
Reports to: Commercial and Marketing Director
Level: Management Team
Location: The Olive House, Northallerton, North Yorkshire/ Goole, East Yorkshire
Date: February 2021
- Management of the sales team including recruitment, annual appraisals, regular 1:1’s and team meetings, setting team and individual goals & targets.
- Develop and drive high performing sales culture through individual and collective training and development plans.
- Account management responsibility of major divisional clients, face to face commercial pitches on customer visits to support teams and groups strategic agenda.
- Preparation, management and delivery of divisional budget through sales team across UK & Ireland.
- Development and implementation of strategic export sales plan across multiple regions and territories.
- Establish and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the divisions product ranges
- Overseeing & participating in marketing activities, including exhibiting at or attending UK & International trade shows.
- Drive change management and support ways of working through S&OP, forecasting, stock management, NCRS resolution and financial reports analysis.
- Ensure a strong working relationship across all internal divisions as well as engagement with group business activity with complementary and synergetic potential.
- Initiate & manage cost reduction initiatives & streamlining/efficiency projects.
- Prepare & deliver monthly performance reviews to the CEO,CFO & COO.
- Comply with all relevant operational, audit & trading guidelines.
Supporting Division Performance
- Lead by example, demonstrating and reinforcing group values; Performance, Respect & Boldness. Be a positive ambassador for the company in all situations.
- Understands & regularly review the sales strategy for the division, working closely with the Commercial Director
- Understand & make the team aware of credit risks in our customer portfolio
- Ensure & facilitate thorough communication with the production division to add maximum value to our customer service
- Work in a culture that encourages ethical conduct, open communication & commitment to compliance consistent with Kerfoot & The Avril Group values
- Support the investigation of all complaints, possible violations or irregularities, taking appropriate action and keeping all stakeholders informed.
Skills & Experience Required
- Leadership skills & previous experience leading a team, minimum 3 years people management experience
- Senior sales or sales management experience within a commercial environment
- Strong & proven track record of delivering commercial performance through sales
- Strong aspiration for career development.
- Knowledge of manufacturing & distribution chain activities
- Action orientated & able to deal with multiple relationships effectively
- Creative and strategic thinker, able to challenge established ways of doing things
- Excellent networking, interpersonal, relationship building skills & stakeholder management
- Understanding of the regulated environment & compliance needs
- Prior experience of the Personal Care/cosmetic industry with technical sales experience is desirable
- Ability to travel within the UK & Worldwide